Sports Lovers Silver Tour with Beer Tasting
- Duration: 7 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
- Product code: SLSB
A full day of Sport & Beer, it doesn't get much better than that! Visit the venues that host some of Australia's favourite sporting events.
Your tour will start with a drive around the Melbourne Formula 1 Grand Prix Circuit at Albert Park. We'll then visit Flemington Racecourse, home of the Melbourne Cup "the race that stops the nation". Our journey will also pass through the Commonwealth Games 2006 Athletes Village and past a number of sporting venues including Australian Rules Football training grounds.
On arrival at Yarra Park you will then go behind the scenes of the MCG OR you can choose to visit the Australian Sports Museum. (If the Museum is your preference, please let us know in the "Special Requirements" section of our booking form, you can also decide on the day.
The MCG Tour - Tour behind the scenes of the Melbourne Cricket Ground. The MCG is Australia's most significant sports stadium. Dating back to 1853, it has been used for the 1956 Olympics, Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games, International Cricket and Australian Rules Football and so much more. Explore the inner sanctum of the MCG, walk on the hallowed arena and experience where legends play! Gain an insight into Melbourne's sporting culture while exploring one of the world's most iconic stadiums, as you hear from the proud MCC volunteers and go behind the scenes of the 'G.
Highlights of the tour (subject to availability) are: The famous MCC Long Room, MCC Library, MCG Tapestry, Player Change Rooms, Cricketers Viewing Room, Ron Casey Media Centre, Portrait of Sir Donald Bradman and Sachin
Tendulkar, a walk on the arena, Cricket Victoria Bill Lawry Centre, Ponsford Stand.
Australian Sports Museum - Visit the Australian Sports Museum (fomerly National Sports Museum) located beneath the iconic Melbourne Cricket Ground. The museum is home to Australia’s most extensive collection of sporting heritage and multi-media displays. The Australian Sports Museum isn’t your typical museum. It’s an exciting, interactive and ever-changing experience where the latest technology has been used to create immersive exhibits and galleries. It’s a place to explore, discover and play. This is no ordinary museum.
It's back on the bus after our stop at Yarra Park to take in the rest of Melbourne's famous Sports and Entertainment Precinct on our way to a delicious pub lunch with included drink.
After lunch you'll get to experience a small and independent local brewery. See where the magic happens and how the beers come to life. Sample a tasting paddle to choose your favourite!
Participants will also receive a gift to remember their day.
* Option to upgrade to lunch at CUB Brewhouse or any other local brewery for Private Groups.
* ALL venues are active event sites and therefore subject to closure to non-event visitors. For example: Flemington Racecourse is not available to tours during Melbourne Cup Carnival; Albert Park and the GP Circuit are unavailable the week prior to and for a day after the Australia Formula 1 Grand Prix; Australian Open tours only operate on Mondays & Fridays and do not operate from mid-December through to the end of January; and MCG Tours are unavailable at certain times on event days. To the best of our ability we will schedule our tour dates accordingly, however last minute alterations are sometimes unavoidable.
* Melbourne weather can be variable - we recommend you check the weather forecast and dress appropriately including carrying sunscreen and/or an umbrella where necessary.
* We recommend you wear comfortable shoes for walking, as parts of this tour will take place on foot.