Sports Lovers Silver Tour with Australian Sports Museum & Australian Open Tour
- Duration: 7 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
- Product code: SLSNA
SPORTS LOVERS SILVER TOUR with Australian Sports Museum AND Australian Open Tour
Your tour will start with a drive around the Melbourne Formula 1 Grand Prix Circuit at Albert Park. We'll then visit Flemington Racecourse, home of the Melbourne Cup "the race that stops the nation". Our journey will also pass through the Commonwealth Games 2006 Athletes Village and past a number of sporting venues including Australian Rules Football training grounds.
On arrival at Yarra Park you will have time to explore the Australian Sports Museum.
AUSTRALIAN SPORTS MUSEUM - Visit the Australian Sports Museum located beneath the iconic Melbourne Cricket Ground, home to Australia’s most extensive collection of sporting heritage and multi-media displays. The Australian Sports Museum isn’t your typical museum. It’s an exciting, interactive and ever-changing experience where the latest technology has been used to create immersive exhibits and galleries. It’s a place to explore, discover and play. This is no ordinary museum.
Then it's back on the bus after our stop at Yarra Park to take in the rest of Melbourne's famous Sports and Entertainment Precinct on our way to a delicious pub lunch with included drink. After lunch we're off to Melbourne Park for the...
AUSTRALIAN OPEN TOUR - Tour behind-the-scenes of the Melbourne Park precinct - home of the worlds biggest January sporting event - The Australian Open. Visitors will experience a unique tour through one of Australia's most dynamic sports and entertainment venues. On non-event days you will explore the hidden gems and player areas of Rod Laver or Margaret Court Arenas. Even when access is restricted on Event Days, the tour still provides a great experience. Walk through the areas only few see: the new and world-class Player Pod, training areas, changing rooms, player lounge and underground paths are just some examples of the places you might experience on an Aus Open Tour. **On Event Days, tours may have restricted access - your guide will try as hard as possible to take you on as much of the tour as is possible.
An unforgettable experience for sports lovers!
Lunch with a drink is included plus guests will receive a keepsake gift.
*This tour is currently only available on Mondays and Fridays. This tour is unavailable from mid-December until early February.
* ALL venues are active event sites and therefore subject to closure to non-event visitors. For example: Flemington Racecourse is not available to tours during Melbourne Cup Carnival; Albert Park and the GP Circuit are unavailable the week prior to and for a day after the Australia Formula 1 Grand Prix; Australian Open tours only operate on Mondays & Fridays and do not operate from mid-December through to the end of January; and MCG Tours are unavailable at certain times on event days. To the best of our ability we will schedule our tour dates accordingly, however last minute alterations are sometimes unavoidable.
* Melbourne weather can be variable - we recommend you check the weather forecast and dress appropriately including carrying sunscreen or an umbrella where necessary.
* We recommend you wear comfortable shoes for walking as parts of this tour will take place on foot.
* Please allow an extra 15-20 minutes at the end of the tour to cater for city drop-offs.