Sports Lovers Silver Tour with Melbourne Cricket Ground and Australian Sports Museum
- Duration: 7 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
- Product code: SLSMN
Sports Lovers Silver Tour including MCG tour and Australian Sports Museum
Your day starts with a drive around the Melbourne Formula 1 Grand Prix Circuit at Albert Park. We'll then visit Flemington Racecourse, home of the Melbourne Cup "the race that stops the nation". Our journey will also pass through the Commonwealth Games 2006 Athletes Village and past a number of sporting venues including Australian Rules Football training grounds.
On arrival at Yarra Park you will then go behind the scenes of the MCG.
The MCG Tour - Tour behind the scenes of the Melbourne Cricket Ground. The MCG is Australia's most significant sports stadium. Dating back to 1853, it has been used for the 1956 Olympics, Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games, International Cricket and Australian Rules Football and so much more. Explore the inner sanctum of the MCG, walk on the hallowed arena and experience where legends play! Gain an insight into Melbourne's sporting culture while exploring one of the world's most iconic stadiums, as you hear from the proud MCC volunteers and go behind the scenes of the 'G.
Highlights of the tour (subject to availability) are: The famous MCC Long Room, MCC Library, MCG Tapestry, Player Change Rooms, Cricketers Viewing Room, Ron Casey Media Centre, Portrait of Sir Donald Bradman and Sachin Tendulkar, a walk on the arena, Cricket Victoria Bill Lawry Centre, Ponsford Stand.
It's back on the bus after our stop at Yarra Park to take in the rest of Melbourne's famous Sports and Entertainment Precinct on our way to a delicious pub lunch with included drink.
After lunch is time to discover the Australian Sports Museum.
Australian Sports Museum - Visit the Australian Sports Museum (fomerly National Sports Museum) located beneath the iconic Melbourne Cricket Ground. The museum is home to Australia’s most extensive collection of sporting heritage and multi-media displays. The Australian Sports Museum isn’t your typical museum. It’s an exciting, interactive and ever-changing experience where the latest technology has been used to create immersive exhibits and galleries. It’s a place to explore, discover and play. This is no ordinary museum.
Australian Open Tour - Tour behind-the-scenes of the Melbourne Park precinct - home of the worlds biggest January sporting event - The Australian Open. Visitors will experience a unique tour through one of Australia's most dynamic sports and entertainment venues. On non-event days you will explore the hidden gems and player areas of Rod Laver or Margaret Court Arenas. Even when access is restricted on Event Days, the tour still provides a great
experience. Walk through the areas only few see: the new and world-class Player Pod, training areas, changing rooms, player lounge and underground paths are just some examples of the places you might experience on an
Australian Open Tour. **On Event Days, tours may have restricted access - your guide will try as hard as possible to take you on as much of the tour as is possible.
Tour includes a pub style lunch and a souvenir gift.
*This tour is currently only available on Mondays and Fridays. This tour is unavailable from mid-December until early February.
* Minimum 6 people required for this tour depart.
* ALL venues are active event sites and therefore subject to closure to non-event visitors. For example: Flemington Racecourse is not available to tours during Melbourne Cup Carnival; Albert Park and the GP Circuit are unavailable the week prior to and for a day after the Australia Formula 1 Grand Prix; Australian Open tours only operate on Mondays & Fridays and do not operate from mid-December through to the end of January; and MCG Tours are
unavailable at certain times on event days. To the best of our ability we will schedule our tour dates accordingly, however last minute alterations are sometimes unavoidable.
* Melbourne weather can be variable - we recommend you check the weather forecast and dress appropriately including carrying sunscreen and/or an umbrella where necessary.
* We recommend you wear comfortable shoes for walking, as parts of this tour will take place on foot.
* Please allow an extra 15-20 minutes at the end of the tour to cater for city drop-offs.