Sports Lovers Bronze Tour with Melbourne Cricket Ground
- Duration: 330 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
- Product code: SLBM
SPORTS LOVERS BRONZE Tour with Melbourne Cricket Ground
City sightseeing with a difference. Visit the venues that host some of Australia’s favourite sporting events.
Your day starts with a drive around the Melbourne Formula 1 Grand Prix Circuit at Albert Park. We'll then visit Flemington Racecourse, home of the Melbourne Cup "the race that stops the nation". Our journey will also pass through the Commonwealth Games 2006 Athletes Village and past a number of sporting venues including Australian Rules Football training grounds.
On arrival at Yarra Park you will then go behind the scenes of the MCG.
The MCG Tour - Tour behind the scenes of the Melbourne Cricket Ground. The MCG is Australia's most significant sports stadium. Dating back to 1853, it has been used for the 1956 Olympics, Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games, International Cricket and Australian Rules Football and so much more.
Explore the inner sanctum of the MCG, walk on the hallowed arena and experience where legends play! Gain an insight into Melbourne's sporting culture while exploring one of the world's most iconic stadiums, as you hear from the proud MCC volunteers and go behind the scenes of the 'G.
Highlights of the tour (subject to availability) are: The famous MCC Long Room, MCC Library, MCG Tapestry, Player Change Rooms, Cricketers Viewing Room, Ron Casey Media Centre, Portrait of Sir Donald Bradman and Sachin Tendulkar, a walk on the arena, Cricket Victoria Bill Lawry Centre, Ponsford Stand.
The tour concludes after a Pub Style lunch with a drink. Guests will also receive a keepsake gift.
A fabulous way to explore Melbourne's sporting culture!
* Minimum 6 people required for this tour depart.
* ALL venues are active event sites and therefore subject to closure to non-event visitors. For example: Flemington Racecourse is not available to tours during Melbourne Cup Carnival; Albert Park and the GP Circuit are unavailable the week prior to and for a day after the Australia Formula 1 Grand Prix; Australian Open tours only operate on Mondays & Fridays and do not operate from mid-December through to the end of January; and MCG Tours are unavailable at certain times on event days. To the best of our ability we will schedule our tour dates accordingly, however last minute alterations are sometimes unavoidable.
* Melbourne weather can be variable - we recommend you check the weather forecast and dress appropriately including carrying sunscreen or an umbrella where necessary.
* There is no dress code however we recommend you wear comfortable shoes for walking as parts of this tour take place on foot.
* Please allow an extra 15-20 minutes at the end of the tour to cater for city drop-offs.