Sports Lovers Bronze Tour with Australian Sports Museum
- Duration: 330 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
- Product code: SLBN
SPORTS LOVERS BRONZE Tour with Australian Sports Museum.
City sightseeing with a difference. Visit the venues that host some of Australia’s favourite sporting events.
Your day starts with a drive around the Melbourne Formula 1 Grand Prix Circuit at Albert Park. We'll then visit Flemington Racecourse, home of the Melbourne Cup "the race that stops the nation". Our journey will also pass through the Commonwealth Games 2006 Athletes Village and past a number of sporting venues including Australian Rules Football training grounds.
On arrival at Yarra Park you will have time to explore the Australian Sports Museum.
AUSTRALIAN SPORTS MUSEUM - Visit the Australian Sports Museum located beneath the iconic Melbourne Cricket Ground, home to Australia’s most extensive collection of sporting heritage and multi-media displays. The Australian Sports Museum isn’t your typical museum. It’s an exciting, interactive and ever-changing experience where the latest technology has been used to create immersive exhibits and galleries. It’s a place to explore, discover and play. This is no ordinary museum.
The tour concludes after a Pub Style lunch with a drink. Guests will also receive a keepsake gift.
A fabulous way to explore Melbourne's sporting culture!
* Minimum 6 people required for this tour depart.
* ALL venues are active event sites and therefore subject to closure to non-event visitors. For example: Flemington Racecourse is not available to tours during Melbourne Cup Carnival; Albert Park and the GP Circuit are unavailable the week prior to and for a day after the Australia Formula 1 Grand Prix; Australian Open tours only operate on Mondays & Fridays and do not operate from mid-December through to the end of January; and MCG Tours are unavailable at certain times on event days. To the best of our ability we will schedule our tour dates accordingly, however last minute alterations are sometimes unavoidable.
* Melbourne weather can be variable - we recommend you check the weather forecast and dress appropriately including carrying sunscreen or an umbrella where necessary.
* There is no dress code however we recommend you wear comfortable shoes for walking as parts of this tour take place on foot.
* Please allow an extra 15-20 minutes at the end of the tour to cater for city drop-offs.