Sports Lovers Walking Tour
- Varighed: 210 Minutter (Ca.)
- Sted: Melbourne, VIC
- Produkt kode: SLWT
Available Daily at 2:15pm
This approximately 8 kilometre (or 5 mile) walking tour starts at the Melbourne Day Tour Centre, behind Federation Square, Russell Street Extension, Melbourne.
Enjoy a leisurely walk along the path built to accommodate guests to the 2006 Commonwealth Games all the way to the Melbourne Cricket Ground, taking in the sights and sports along the way.
On arrival at the Melbourne Cricket Ground you'll join your MCC Guide for a fabulous Tour of the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
After the tour and quick break for refreshment, you will continue on foot to discover more of Melbourne's favourite sporting Arenas such as
* The National Tennis Centre - learn more about the elite players and coaches that visit and why.
* Melbourne Storm Headquarters - The Pride of Rugby League in Victoria
Melbourne Victory Headquarters - One of the three A-League teams based in Victoria.
Melbourne Rebels Headquarters - The Pride of Rugby Union in Victoria
Melbourne Rectangular Stadium - home to 4 of our major sporting teams.
Olympic Park - the track and field training centre for the 1956 Melbourne Olympics.
Headquarters for AFL teams Richmond Tigers, Collingwood Magpies and Melbourne Demons.
Plus Melbourne Park which is home to Melbourne Arena, Rod Laver Arena, Margaret Court Arena and is also the home of the Australian Open Tennis Championships.
You'll then take in more sights and sports along the Yarra River on our way back to the starting point at Federation Square.
* With the exception of the Melbourne Cricket Ground, this tour does not include entry INTO any of the venues mentioned.
* We require a minimum of 4 guests in order for this tour to proceed.
* In the case of inclement weather we may cancel this tour - guests will have the choice of a refund or alternative date.
* ALL venues are active event sites and therefore subject to closure to non-event visitors. For Example: The Australian Open site is not open from mid-December through to the end of January/early February and MCG Tours are unavailable at certain times on event days. To the best of our ability we will schedule our tour dates accordingly, however last minute alterations are sometimes unavoidable.
* Melbourne weather
can be variable - we recommend you check the weather forecast and dress
appropriately including carrying sunscreen and/or an umbrella where
necessary. We also recommend you
wear comfortable shoes for walking, as this entire tour takes place on